[asterisk-users] info on : CONFIG_VOICEBUS_ECREFERENCE

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Nov 20 09:25:19 CST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 05:18:12PM +0530, upendra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just going through the code i found that this  CONFIG_VOICEBUS_ECREFERENCE
> undef in the voicebus then how it will defined to run the echo cancell on
> the respective  drievers wctdm24xxp ??
>  explain how this  CONFIG_VOICEBUS_ECREFERENCE  enabled and where it is
> enabled while run time.

It's a compile time option that was in added to the code for testing
in certain environments [1]. It doesn't enable / disable the
echocanceler, but instead changes the default processing to provide
a more accurate reference signal when latency grows large.

[1] http://svnview.digium.com/svn/dahdi?view=revision&revision=9144

If you would like to use it for some reason, in
drivers/dahdi/voicebus.h change "#undef CONFIG_VOICEBUS_ECREFERENCE"
to "#define CONFIG_VOICEBUS_ECREFERENCE".

In practice, I've found that it's generally better to fix what on
the system is causing latency to grow so large instead of enabling
that option.

Cheers,
Shaun

--