[asterisk-users] Need advice on how to implement this ...

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:16:18 CST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Jared Baxley <jared.baxley at gmail.com>wrote:

> You can park the call, set the timeout low, and have it return to a ring
> group.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  I decided to try this approach
first and I think I have it working.  However, I found a slight problem.

According to the features.conf file, when a call returns to the
comebackcontext, it will go to the "s" extension if the specific extension
such as SIP_0004F2040001 does not exist.  This does not seem to be the
case.  I've created an "s" extension in my [parkedcallstimeout] context but
I can't make the returning call go to it.  It fails with a message in the
/var/log/asterisk/messages file:

[2012-11-19 20:46:58] WARNING[23894][C-0000003e] pbx.c: Channel
'SIP/tcg-000000c9' sent to invalid extension but no invalid handler:
context,exten,priority=parkedcallstimeout,SIP_gigaset,1

To work around it, I had to define a specific SIP_ extension for each of my
phones that might get sent to that context.

Am I misunderstanding how this works?

I'm running asterisk 11.0.1, so it could be a bug I suppose.  Can anyone
verify?

--
Chris