[asterisk-users] Need advice on how to implement this ...

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 18:12:53 CST 2012

I need some advice on how to implement something in my dialplan.

Here's the scenario.  A call comes in on my [incoming] context and I answer
it.  The call turns out to be for my wife and she needs to answer it on a
different
handset somewhere else in the house.

I've tried call parking but the wife acceptance factor is kind of low
because we don't do it often enough for her to remember how to park and
unpark.

What I'd really like to do is define an easy DTMF sequence in features.conf
(like 00) that would send the call back into my [incoming] context again,
just like it was a new incoming call.  Then it could be picked up anywhere
in the house.

What's the best way to go about this?  I tried doing an AGI script that
sets context/extension/priority to where I'd like for it to go but it
doesn't seem to work.

Am I on the right track or is there a better way to do this?

--
Chris