[asterisk-users] addressing peers dynamically

Andre Gronwald andregronwald78 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 02:00:25 CST 2012

hi,
in my small setup (just for home usage) i have 5 phones configured. but
only 2 of them are permanent connected to asterisk.
nevertheless i want to address beside those two phones other peers if
available. nowadays i address them always, resulting in error messages:
Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)
Is there a way to avoid those messages? I think about something like a
virtual queue (please excuse if the wording is incorrect, i am not in too
deep to asterisk, i am more firm with genesys) that is addressed and peers
are registering to that queue.
is that the right path, or am i barking the wrong tree?

regards,
andre