[asterisk-users] Managing complex setups with Asterisk

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Nov 16 01:04:45 CST 2012

also sprach Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> [2012.11.08.2304 +0100]:
> Either way, it sounds like you need to store your data some place and
> start building it out.

To recap: given that Asterisk RealTime doesn't really provide
anything more than real-time access to data (i.e. the data in the
database are not any more structured that they are in
/etc/asterisk), any more logical and/or abstract approach to
Asterisk configuration means that the data have to come from
elsewhere and be brought into shape.

Either the abstraction happens in a relational database and Asterisk
accesses stored procedures or views (I would not use LDAP due to
childhood traumata), or the relational database is used to generate
Asterisk's configuration files, or some other data source is used to
generate these configuration files.

It's a shame that noone has done anything into this direction yet.
On the other hand, it means that there aren't already a dozen
PHP+MySQL hacks out there, and that's a good thing.

So if I design the database (PostgreSQL), anyone interested in
providing a frontend, e.g. using Django?

Are people interested in discussing the design here and making it
widely usable? I only have my own three use-cases to refer to, and
I would probably impose my own paradigms…

Does anyone already have something done into that domain?

"she is absolutely inadmissible into society. many a woman has a past,
 but I am told that she has at least a dozen, and that they all fit."
                                                        -- oscar wilde

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net