[asterisk-users] On SIP REGISTER event trigger a AGI script

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Nov 14 13:05:33 CST 2012

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012, Face wrote:

> Well, I have a SMS dialplan and the problem is I cannot send an offline
> SMS to SIP users.  Therefore, I am trying to edit the SMS dialplan to
> save the failed SMS to a file and deliver them when the SIP user
> REGISTER.

I see 2 parts:

1) When the 'send SMS' fails, you're going to save the details in a
(MySQL) database using either the dialplan database applications or an
AGI. (I prefer an AGI because I think the resulting dialplan is much
'cleaner' and easier to maintain.)

2) When your 'AMI event monitoring daemon' receives the REGISTER event,
you look for any pending SMS for this user and re-send the SMS using AMI
-- no AGI needed.

Sound about right?

--
Thanks in advance,