[asterisk-users] How to get louder voice ?

Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com
Tue Nov 13 05:16:57 CST 2012

Not sure if this is what you want but you can always set the TX and RX
Gain values via the dialplan.

Jacob

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Olivier
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:46 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] How to get louder voice ?

Hello,

I have the following case.
A customer is a heavy Meetme/audio conference user.
He is equiped with Polycom SS2W (DECT SoundStation 2W audio conference
station).
Users complain they "often do not hear the other party loud enough".

The setup is then:
Remote party <--- PSTN/ISDN---> Asterisk <---SIP---> Kirk300
<---DECT---> SS2W

My questions are:
1. How can I measure audio strength/loudness/quality and strip
social/psychological interferences off ?

2. Is there any builtin mechanism inside Asterisk (this setup is 1.6.1
but upgrade is possible) that can change call volume ?

3. Given my setup is purely digital, could it be the source of calls not
being loud enough ?

4. Suggestions ? Comments

Regards