[asterisk-users] Asterisk crashing when trying to start a Jabber session with ejabberd

Phil Reynolds phil-asterisk at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sat Nov 10 12:08:58 CST 2012

I have tried today to change my Jabber server from OpenFire to
ejabberd. Unfortunately I have not been able to get Asterisk logged in
to Jabber since. If SASL is not enabled, then ejabberd rejects the
connection as it does not support non-SASL authentication. However, if
SASL is enabled, Asterisk crashes when it logs in.

I've had this conversation with the ejabberd chatroom people:
http://chatlogs.jabber.ru/ejabberd@conference.jabber.ru/2012/11/10.html#21:28:10.522550

I really do not know how to proceed on this.

Asterisk logged in successfully on OpenFire using SASL. On an earlier
version I saw a similar crash if the Jabber server was Prosody.

I am using ejabberd 2.1.10-3 and asterisk 1:1.8.13.1~dfsg.1 from Debian
wheezy. I am happy to try to obtain any logs that are helpful but may
need guidance on how to do it.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-asterisk at tinsleyviaduct.com