[asterisk-users] Impromptu conferencing

Aldo Bergamini aaberga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 04:11:39 CST 2012

On 8 Nov 2012, at 10:46, martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> wrote:

>> For a 3 way conference, all those days phones are able to do this.
>
> Yeah, except I want Asterisk to handle that, not my phone (which
> might lose reception or run out of battery etc.).

Martin,

I understand that having the feature in the PBX makes it uniform to all phones, makes it available to all users, etc.

But it is not easy to do this inside the dialplan: the biggest problem is that you basically miss any kind of GUI to handle a set of steps that can each require a decision, to tell Asterisk what to do e.g. if the third person is busy and sends you to voicemail, having just a dialpad in your hands, with no visual feedback ...

Having complex functions in Asterisk is than linked with instruction sets for users (that should memorize them) in form of strange dialing sequences..

The best way to handle your idea is probably done through some kind of application to be used during calls..

Aldo