[asterisk-users] Incoming Fax to Recipient using OCR

Roy Abshire roy at coopvr.com
Tue Nov 6 13:50:22 CST 2012

I have fax working but since most people and services don't know how to
Fax to Extensions,
I installed tesseract to convert the Fax to Text.

I really only need the First Page converted and will tell Faxers to make
sure they put To: Name on the cover page.

tesseract is converting the entire fax fine but its unnecessary and
extra time to convert the entire fax.

I searched and can't find anything on how to tell it just to do the
first page.  Does anyone have any ideas?

I created a perl script I borrowed but I don't know PERL.

I know PHP so can someone show me how to use REGEX in Perl to search the
output.txt file for the to: name or TO: NAME or To: Name

Then I want to do something like:

Switch($to) {
Case: "Roy" -> Email user at gmail.com
Case: "Jeff" -> Email user at yahoo.com