[asterisk-users] Fax Configuration

Roy Abshire roy at coopvr.com
Tue Nov 6 10:22:08 CST 2012

I got it working so thought I'd follow up!

Here is what I had to do...
I'm using Actuate 11 and had res_fax support already
I had to download, compile, and install res_fax_digium
I had to order a Free Fax License from digium for 1 channel
I had to change faxdetect=yes to faxdetect=cng in sip.conf or I would
get an error...
I had to change my dialplan to Answer, Wait(2) before the Dial command.
I had to add a extension for fax or I'd get an error fax extension not
found...

I created a fax-in dialplan and fax-in.pl to email me a PDF
I created a fax-out dialplan and fax-out.pl to send faxes

I created a Free account at googles hellofax.com to test receiving a fax-in.
I created a Free account at PopFax.com to test sending a fax-out.

It works even though my VOIP Provider, Flowroute, doesn't support T.38 Fax.
I just had to make sure I Answer and Wait(2) to detect the fax tone.

If anyone wants more details let me know.

Co-op Vacation Rentals
www.coopvr.com
15218 Summit Ave
Suite #300-354