[asterisk-users] Google Voice and back (chan_motif)

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Nov 6 06:16:15 CST 2012

Jean-Denis Girard wrote:

> Hi,

Hola,

> Today I started to experiment with Google Voice and Asterisk-11.0.1.

Awesome!

> Following the instructions on the wiki
> (https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Calling+using+Google), I was
> able to make / receive calls quite easily with a single account on asterisk.
>
> Then I tried to add a second Google Voice account to Asterisk, and make
> calls between accounts. I defined a second connection in xmpp.conf, a
> second account in chan_motif (see relevant configuration below).
>
> I'm getting the following error:
> ERROR[28651][C-00000002]: chan_motif.c:1971
> jingle_interpret_ice_udp_transport: Incomplete ICE-UDP candidate
> received on session
> (see full log below)
>
> Should I open a bug report or did I make an mistake in configuration?

You've found a bug! I've fixed it now, though. It'll go out in the next
Asterisk 11 release or you can check out Asterisk 11 from subversion to
get it.

The issue in question is that the candidates were indeed incomplete
according to the specification because we were not putting a "network"
attribute within them. I've fixed this so we do and also made the
ICE-UDP candidate interpretation code that output the message above more
forgiving, specifically it no longer requires them. They are for
debugging purposes and aren't used in chan_motif.

This didn't show up earlier since many clients just don't require it,
and Google Talk/Google Voice don't use ICE-UDP candidates.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp