[asterisk-users] play wav file

Christopher Harrington chris at acsdi.com
Mon Nov 5 11:04:36 CST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> I converted the wave file to 8K, mono and it doesn't sound very good, I am
> also
> using 1.4.43 and ulaw,alaw,gsm allowed.

This has been covered just recently, try searching for "mp3" on the mailing
list.

What format will give me the best sounding output and how do I get that?
> Do I need somethink like g722?

Keep in mind that you are going to be using codecs and hardware that are
optimized for speech, so anything that isn't speech is not going to sound
good. In that case, "best" is really going to depend on what the content is
and will probably require you to simply test all of the permutations and
find the one that sounds the "least bad".

--
-Chris Harrington
ACSDi Office: 763.559.5800