[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.8.13.1 -- how to limit voicemail emails when the caller hangs up before they leave a message?

Justin Piszcz jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com
Thu Nov 1 10:38:49 CDT 2012

Hello,

I use asterisk with an SPA3102 (latest F/W).
I have my asterisk 1.8.13.1 voicemail.conf setup as follows:

; Limit the minimum message length to 3 seconds
minsecs = 3

This works perfectly, however, when the caller hangs up before the beep (or
during it?) then I get 1 minute and 22 seconds of (3-5 sec of dialtone, then
saying to dial the operator)).
How do I avoid getting this?  If a message is not left, I do not wish to
receive any e-mail/attachments like this, are there any workarounds?
I assume this may be related to the SPA3102 but am curious to learn how
others deal with this problem/if they have this issue.

Name: Voicemail
Message Number: 5
Mailbox: 1
Caller ID: "SXXXX" <XXXXXXXXX>