[asterisk-users] meetme and dtmf

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu May 31 17:47:44 CDT 2012

On Thu, 31 May 2012, Daniel Knoll wrote:

> is it possible to read the DTMF tones from a caller while he is in a
> meetme conference? I would like to read the pressed key sequence and
> call a command like MeetMeAdmin or System Commands. I'm using Asterisk
> 1.8.7.

I'm just a 1.2 Luddite, but...

You can use the meetme() 'X' option to jump out of the meetme and into
another context.

I use this to allow conference administrators to mute, un-mute, or kick
users. The first digit jumps out of the meetme and into another context
where I read additional digits (the user index) and then call an AGI
(meetmeadmin-by-index) before returning the admin to the conference.

--
Thanks in advance,