[asterisk-users] Invite + decreasing sequence number => 500 Error?

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Thu May 31 07:51:28 CDT 2012

Hi Olle

> > violation of RFC 3261.  From section 22.2:
> >   When a UAC resubmits a request with its credentials after receiving a
> >   401 (Unauthorized) or 407 (Proxy Authentication Required) response,
> >   it MUST increment the CSeq header field value as it would normally
> >   when sending an updated request.
>
> This only applies to the same dialog. The question here is if it is the
> same dialog. If it is, then the server indeed has a bug.
>
> Check the Call-ID and the from tag of both requests.

Thanks, you pointed to the right place:

= Working Dialog =

Call-ID: 3D4B79B7 at 7f33ff47
CSeq: 165558315 INVITE

(Asterisk) SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

Call-ID: 3D4B79B7 at 7f33ff47
CSeq: 252045256 INVITE

(Asterisk) SIP/2.0 100 Trying

= Broken Dialog =

Call-ID: A220DA56 at 7f33ff47
CSeq: 897885804 INVITE

(Asterisk) SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

Call-ID: A220DA56 at 7f33ff47
CSeq: 24994731 INVITE

(Asterisk) SIP/2.0 500 Server error

Well as I see it, the C3 PBX just generates plain random CSeq Numbers.

Regards

Benoit Panizzon
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -