[asterisk-users] Upgrade from version 1.6.24 to 1.8.12 - Retransmission timeout error

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Wed May 30 07:44:14 CDT 2012

Administrator TOOTAI wrote:

> 10.0.70.12 is the IP of Asterisk server (kvm virtual machine) which is
> replaced by externaddr parameter from sip.conf.
>
> If you have other ideas, welcome ;-)

Considering that you made progress on your initial problem by setting
"nat=force_rport" (resulting in connected calls with no audio) and now
you're mentioning the use of "externaddr", I'd recommend a very
careful reading of the "NAT SUPPORT" section of sip.conf.sample in the
configs directory of the Asterisk source tree.  In Asterisk 1.8, there
is a new configuration option named "media_address" which may be of
particular interest.

This is confusing because your first email said you had "nat=no" in
your working 1.6.24 setup, but everything you're saying indicates a
NAT problem to me.  A diagram showing all network elements between
your Asterisk server and the remote host would be helpful.  To avoid
further confusion, please include full and unaltered logs, SIP traces,
and configurations in future posts.

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions