[asterisk-users] Fax Server for Asterisk

Randall randall at songshu.org
Wed May 30 01:46:27 CDT 2012

On 05/30/2012 12:02 AM, Danny Dias wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does Hylafax and IAXmodem works with analog lines? or only with E1?
>
> I've been checking some commercial solutions (in case Asterisk is not
> on site, and the customer wants a Fax Server as standalone), i saw
> FaxBack and Linkcom e-fax
>
> But again, if Hylafax and iaxmodem works also with analog lines, that
> would be better to use. Could you please confirm? any place to check
> How-To on Hylafax and Iaxmodem?

not sure what your requirements are, but i can +1 the reliability of
hylafax, have been using it for years problem free although only +- 10
faxes a day, and its running on an old leftover pc with a cheap modem on
a analog line.

i use it in combination with avantfax as a web front end and email2fax,
its a cheap and Free solution, easy to use, low maintenance etc....

never used iaxmodem though