[asterisk-users] Asterisk MixMonitor starts recording 44 bytes file

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Thu May 24 16:27:48 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

It's hard to tell from your email, but if I am correctly guessing what
your problem is, what you are saying is that you are deliberately
invoking mixmonitor in a call, but once the recording is finished, only
44 bytes are in the recorded file and when you play it you obviously
don't get any audio.  Generally this sort of problem means that you
didn't actually record any audio and it isn't actually a bug, it's just
that you are trying to record something that isn't possible to record.
I've seen this happen with locally bridged analog phones and also with
some cases involving directmedia with SIP.  In order to be able to
comment specifically on your problem though, I'd need to know what kind
of channels you are using, specific details about them (like SIP
directmedia settings and such) and what your dialplan looks like.

--
Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer