[asterisk-users] Detecting Fax Tones over IAX2

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu May 24 11:20:34 CDT 2012

On Thursday 24 May 2012, Cody Harris wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a fax/voice switch.  I have faxdetect=both in my
> sip.conf, and when I use sip, it works well.  However, from what I can
> tell, there's no such option for IAX2 connections.
>
> Any ideas on what I can do here, or am I out of luck?

Why not just get an extra inbound number from your provider, and use that for
your faxes?  Saves a lot of fart-arsing around.  (Providers are now beginning
to issue numbers beginning with a 0, thus requiring the STD code to be dialled
even for a call within the same town.  Would be ideal for a fax line.)

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.