[asterisk-users] T.38 debug logs

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 24 10:25:37 CDT 2012

On 05/24/2012 10:19 AM, Arstan Jusupov wrote:
> I am sending and receiving fax.
>
> I have an issue where sending and receiving is intermittent. Provider is claiming that It doesn't always receives t.38.

This is very confusing. In your diagram, you show the connection to the
provider being an E1. T.38 would never appear on an E1.

> So I thought if I could see if Asterisk is sending and receiving t.38 as it should be.
>
> Oh yeah, I am using ATA with t.38 support which is connected to a physical fax machine.

You didn't include this in your diagram either. It sounds like you are
just passing T.38 *through* Asterisk, between an ATA and the AudioCodes
gateway. In that case, 'updtl debug' on the Asterisk CLI will show you
the UDPTL traffic flowing through Asterisk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming