[asterisk-users] Detecting Fax Tones over IAX2

Cody Harris qbasicer at gmail.com
Wed May 23 20:41:08 CDT 2012

Hello All,
I use IAX2 as the incoming connection from my DID provider.  For whatever
reason, this works best for me, SIP connections lag very frequently and
only have about a 50% success rate for incoming calls (they get dropped
mysteriously).

I'm trying to implement a fax/voice switch.  I have faxdetect=both in my
sip.conf, and when I use sip, it works well.  However, from what I can
tell, there's no such option for IAX2 connections.

Any ideas on what I can do here, or am I out of luck?

Thanks,
Cody