[asterisk-users] Asterisk and the media path

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon May 21 12:18:50 CDT 2012

On 05/21/2012 11:46 AM, David Wessell wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thank you. Here's the requested information.
>
> 1) The Trunk is running 1.6.2.9. Also it's running a2billing.
> 2) The PBX is running asterisk 1.8.12.0 along with FreePBX.
> 3) I did directmedia on the trunk and canreinvite on the pbx since
> they were different versions.

Sure, but you used the *old* name for the option on the system running a
*newer* version of Asterisk. That's why I was confused, I suspected you
might have thought that 'directmedia' and 'canreinvite' were somehow
different. Since both of your systems are 1.6.2.x or later, you can use
'directmedia' on all of them.

--
Kevin P. Fleming