[asterisk-users] Asterisk and the media path

David Wessell david at ringfree.biz
Mon May 21 07:03:33 CDT 2012

I am attempting to get an asterisk server to step out of the media
path, but am running into a brick wall. Can someone assist? Here's my
setup..

Ultimate SIP Provider ---> LCR Trunk  (Asterisk 1.6) ----> PBX (Asterisk 1.8).

I am attempting to get the trunk to step out of the media stream.
There is no NAT involved, all machines have a public IP.

In the trunk's sip.conf I have:

directmedia=yes
directrtpsetup=yes

And on the connection to the pbx I have canreinvite=yes

On the pbx I have the trunk connection set to canreinvite=yes.

In the CLI on the LCR trunk I see:

 -- SIP/blahblah-0000000b answered SIP/1722291028-0000000a
 -- Native bridging SIP/1722291028-0000000a and SIP/siproutes-0000000b

Which would make me think that the lcr trunk is stepping out of the
media stream. However when I pull up a tcpdump in wireshark I still
see a RTP connection? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
David
www.ringfree.biz
828-575-0030