[asterisk-users] Configuring OpenVOX A400P issues

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Sat May 19 14:44:41 CDT 2012

Thanks Vladimir for the response and apologies for my extremely late
one! This week was quite crazy!!

I have just upgraded my server to FreePBX to take advantage of an
"up-to-date" system.

I migrated the original config over with a few set changes.

On 05/14/2012 04:42 AM, Vladimir Mikhelson wrote:
> Kaya,
>
> I do not have a definitive answer for you, but here are several things
> I noticed.
>
>  1. fxo*ls*=1  --  I would definitely try /fxoks/ instead

I altered this in /etc/dahdi/system.conf:

# cat system.conf
# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Sat May 19 20:22:49 2012
# If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,
# your manual changes will be LOST.
# Dahdi Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Dahdi Configurator, dahdi_cfg
#
# Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
fxoks=1
echocanceller=mg2,1
fxsks=2
echocanceller=mg2,2
# channel 3, WCTDM/4/2, no module.
# channel 4, WCTDM/4/3, no module.

# Global data

loadzone    = uk
defaultzone    = uk

>  1. ............
>     fxs*ls*=2  --  I am not sure about your provider but I would try
>     /fxsks/ instead

I think the above took care of that too.....

>  1. [May 13 13:15:31] WARNING[3624] chan_dahdi.c: CallerID feed
>     failed: *No such file or directory*    --   It looks like your
>     installation is missing some executable files or they ended up in
>     some unexpected places.

New build straight from CD so no issues here anymore as far as I could
see in the logs.

>  1. 2 FXO FXSLS (In use) (SWEC: MG2) *RED *It looks your PSTN line is
>     in red condition

Still shows up as red :-(

# lsdahdi
### Span  1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
   1 FXS        FXOKS       (In use)
   2 FXO        FXSKS        RED
   3 unknown    Reserved
   4 unknown    Reserved

Channel 1 is not "in use" though it's free as in no one is using it?
-plus when press green button on DECT handset I get dialtone.

However, plugging an old non-cordless POTs handset into the 10meter
cable I have going from the PSTN line over to the Asterisk server did
come up with a lot of noise on the line. I think it's because it's a 10
meter cable and it does cross over some power sockets so probably
picking up 50Hz hum and additionally other signal residue from around
(Electronics 1-0-1 long cable = antenna).
- Can't asterisk clean this up using digital filters, or can anything
else be done for it?

I run my PBX in a 72" rack sitting in my living room and there isn't
enough space to put the thing next to the PSTN socket!

> 1.
>

> It would also help to see the contents of the
> /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf and
> /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_additional.conf.

# cat dahdi-channels.conf
; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Sat May 19 20:22:49 2012
; If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,
; your manual changes will be LOST.
; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_dahdi.conf)
;
; This is not intended to be a complete chan_dahdi.conf. Rather, it is
intended
; to be #include-d by /etc/chan_dahdi.conf that will include the global
settings
;

; Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
;;; line="1 WCTDM/4/0 FXOKS  (In use)"
signalling=fxo_ks
callerid="Channel 1" <4001>
mailbox=4001
group=5
context=from-internal
channel => 1
callerid=
mailbox=
group=
context=default

;;; line="2 WCTDM/4/1 FXSKS"
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
group=0
context=from-pstn
channel => 2
callerid=
group=
context=default

# cat chan_dahdi_additional.conf
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All
modifications to ;
; this file must be done via the web gui. There are alternative files to
make    ;
; custom modifications, details at:
http://freepbx.org/configuration_files       ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
;

;;;;;;[250]
signalling=fxo_ks
pickupgroup=
mailbox=250 at default
immediate=no
echotraining=800
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echocancel=yes
context=from-internal
callprogress=no
callgroup=
callerid=Communal Extension <250>
busydetect=yes
busycount=7
accountcode=
channel=>1

> The following thread can have some relevance to your case.  Please run
> fxstest and post the results here.
> http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80253&start=0

I looked at this but couldn't figure out where to obtain fxstest from as
it's not in the yum repos and Google doesn't come up with any answers
either??

> -Vladimir

Regards,

Kaya