[asterisk-users] Slow AMI Originate

Mehmet Avcioglu mehmet at activecom.net
Sat May 19 04:26:21 CDT 2012

Hello,

We use AMI to originate calls. Sometimes, lately every morning, the AMI Originate process operates extremely slowly. I cannot see the calls in "core show channels verbose", I don't know where they are, what state they are in, after 2-3 minutes the calls go through one after the other. As mentioned, it usually happens in the morning as soon as people start their workday, where there are a lot of logins and calls being made, but no where close to a peak in terms of simultaneous channels, etc. In some cases restarting asterisk, in others just taking the storm and waiting it out solves the problem. Having a hard time coming up with something to troubleshoot this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

--
Mehmet Avcioglu
mehmet at activecom.net