[asterisk-users] Best practices to route calls according holidays

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri May 18 07:57:34 CDT 2012

Hi,

At the moment, I'm mostly using a "Day/Night toggle" button to let
users deal with week-ends, holidays and opening hours.
As Asterisk 1.8 introduces Calendar capabilities, I'm wondering if
better alternatives now exist.

Is it possible, safe, reliable and easy to refer from Asterisk to a
public calendar resource listing holidays, for a given country ?
Should you instead refer to a private resource, to avoid depending on
an externaly managed resource ? If you go this way, which tools would
you recommend to build and update a private calendar ?

Suggestions ?

Regards