[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 canreinvite

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri May 18 06:50:56 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

Yes, but that name is deprecated.  The preferred name to use when
configuring this feature is 'directmedia'.

> I read about directmedia being available in asterisk 1.8, but is it
> the same ??

Yes.

> What happens when I use canreinvite in Asterisk 1.8 ?

The sip.config.sample delivered with Asterisk provides a good
explanation of this feature.  To summarize, for two devices on a
network that can support the behavior enabled by this feature,
this setting allows the media stream to be directed directly between
the caller and the callee, such that the media stream no longer
passes through Asterisk.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer