[asterisk-users] how to set iaxmodem receiving speed

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Thu May 17 10:55:31 CDT 2012

On 05/17/2012 07:53 AM, Andrew Furey wrote:
> we use ActiveFax for sending (interfaced from an ERP package) and
> often get Comm Error 283 and incomplete faxes. If it's just making a
> bad situation worse, how is it that our solution of turning off ECM
> mode fixes it 98% of the time? I'm curious.

Because apparently the ECM protocol in ActiveFax is broken.

If disabling a feature that is designed to *improve* fax reliability and
performance actually does the opposite, then there's no other
explanation than to conclude that the implementation of that feature is
broken in the product you're using.

Thanks,

Lee.