[asterisk-users] OT - Incoming fax cuts ADSL line

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Wed May 16 11:18:32 CDT 2012

> I've experienced this quite a few times, and after working with a local telco, it has become policy to not place ADSL on lines where fax is going to be used

I too have seen this, and also with credit card processing machines in
shops that 'dial' the merchant bank to process transactions (in effect a
modem).

It can sometimes (but not always) be resolved by running two
microfilters in series on the 'voice' side of the line, i.e. line ->
microfilter -> microfilter -> fax.

I've also (here in the UK) seen it resolved through the use of higher
quality faceplate splitters rather than the often low-cost units
supplied free with consumer ADSL modem/routers.

Kind regards,

Chris