[asterisk-users] 50% of time SendDTMF failed

Shahid H shahidh at gmail.com
Wed May 16 10:07:05 CDT 2012

I am having a problem with SendDTMF()  - 50% of time it did not succeed.

I suspect it is not sending clear DTMF tones to the IVR.

For example:

SendDTMF(wwwww3wwwww2wwwwww1wwwww4)

Sometime digit 3 and 2 work, and failed to do digit 1.
Sometime digit 3 work and failed to do number 2.
Sometime all went through fine.

dtmfmode=rfc2833 are set in the sip.conf file

How do I debug to see what went wrong and how to fix?

Asterisk 1.8.12.0
Installed on VPS (XEN, CentOS 5.x, 768 MB Ram, 1000 GB B/W - Located in UK)
VOIP Provider in UK.

Thanks