[asterisk-users] how to set iaxmodem receiving speed

Larry Moore lmoore at omninet.net.au
Wed May 16 06:23:35 CDT 2012

I have iaxmodem version 1.2.0 installed on my system.

I have set the following in the IAX configuration file, SIGHUP'd
FaxGetty and submitted a single page outbound fax via Asterisk;

Class1RMQueryCmd:       "!24,48,72"     # enable this to disable V.17
receiving
Class1TMQueryCmd:       "!24,48,72"     # enable this to disable V.17
sending

The resulting output from my T.38 Gateway reports the following;

     -- Connection Statistics
         Bit Rate :7200
         ECM : No
         Pages : 1
     -- Hungup 'IAX2/iaxmodem0-11055'

I also tested with the maximum speed set to 4800, the image was received
however the responses to EOP timed out, I don't know if the is to do
with my Asterisk T.38 gateway or my VoIP providers T.38 gateway. The
result was the fax was retried for the defined number of attempts.

Cheers,

Larry.