[asterisk-users] Asterisk forward call

Guy Gold guy at the-golds.us
Tue May 15 16:24:20 CDT 2012

On Tue,May 15 02:00:PM, motty.cruz wrote:
> Hello All,
> My Asterisk server is working fine except that at night I forward my number
> to another phone number, however my asterisk server still rings once before
> call is forward. My Local Phone provider is ATT and they said that there is
> not way around it, I'm always going to get a partical ring.
>
> Any suggestions how to stop the Asterisk from rining once before forward to
> another number?

Hi Motty,
I'm assuming that you're forwarding calls unconditionally, yes ?

I haven't tested it for a while, but, I'm pretty sure that if
your PBX is not told to ring a device before forwarding the call, it
should not do so.
I do recall having worked in  a non-PBX office , and when we
performed CFWD, the local phone would ring once and then get
forwarded, but, that's because the local phone never took control
of the call coming from the carrier. In your case , the PBX can
take over the call, never produce a ring , and then dial the CFWD
number. I guess a trace of this instance can be useful .

Guy Gold