[asterisk-users] looking for "solid state" like PC suitable for Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 10 11:38:51 CDT 2012

On 05/10/2012 03:49 AM, Bart Coninckx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for smaller (or maybe even bigger) sites I'm looking for a smaller,
> appliance-type like PC, preferably solid state and fanless PC.
> Since it's only going to run Asterisk for a couple of extensions I don't
> think CPU and RAM need to be maxed out.

Just a small comment here... I really find it quite humorous that people
use 'solid state' to mean 'no moving parts'. All of the parts of my
computers that move are still composed of solid materials, and the
electrical currents involved in them still move through solid materials :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming