[asterisk-users] looking for "solid state" like PC suitable for Asterisk

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu May 10 08:47:08 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Tim,
>
> looked at these briefly, they all seemed pre-installed, correct? Is
> reinstallation with, let's say, CentOS possible?
>
> thx,
>
> BC

The units *can* come preinstalled with our PBX flavor (Debian, Asterisk, FreePBX), or they can be sent bare and you can install your OS/platform of choice. CentOS specifically does not run on the board as the upstream vendor does not support i586 arch any longer (since Centos 5.x series IIRC). We've done some work trying to patch the installer and use custom kernels to get around this, but were unsuccessful.

--Tim