[asterisk-users] No compatible codecs, not accepting this offer! - after upgrading to 1.8.11

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 9 11:54:04 CDT 2012

Problem SOLVED.

You'r right, this is a problem of codec mismatching. Activating sip debug i
can see it:

Capabilities: us - 0x802 (gsm|g726), peer - audio=0x10d
(g723|ulaw|alaw|g729)
[May 9 17:16:37] NOTICE[6444]: chan_sip.c:9188 process_sdp: No compatible
codecs, not accepting this offer!

I solved the problem thanks to your help! Since that SIP trunk isn't
authenticated, i just receive calls in the default context that is set in
sip.conf, and so, I don't set the codecs to be used. I discovered that the
problem was that i had one other peer defined in sip.conf that had the same
IP address set, so it was shuffling asterisk some how. Funny that the same
configuration wasn't a problem in asterisk 1.4, but in this 1.8 it caused
this problem.

Thank you onde again,

Regards,
Ricardo.