[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 Transfer CallerID

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue May 8 09:24:55 CDT 2012

On 05/08/2012 08:50 AM, Jonathan Rose wrote:
> [...]

This is overkill, although it is certainly a way to approach it.

If the OP's SIP peers for his phones are configured to send
Remote-Party-ID or P-Asserted-Identity to those phones, then the
behavior he's looking for should be automatic, since Asterisk 1.8.x has
Connected Line update support. Of course, this also assumes that the
phones in question have the ability to receive this information and
update their displays. This can be tested by using the CONNECTEDLINE()
dialplan function to send anything desired to a phone that is in a call
with Asterisk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming