[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.10.1 ring tone in thebackground after call sucessfully answered.

Maarten maarten at ucsystems.nl
Mon May 7 16:36:37 CDT 2012

motty.cruz <motty.cruz <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello I apologize for not being specific.
>
> I'm using SIP. Our provider is call Wiline. I do not have Dahdi install on
> this server. The phone I used is Polycom soundpoint ip 450.
>
> Rining continues in the background after successfully answered, is a ramdom
> not constantly.
>
> Thanks,
> -Motty

Nicholas
> Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 8:54 AM
> To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.10.1 ring tone in thebackground
> after call sucessfully answered.
>
> Which "Technology" are you using for the call (DAHDI/SIP/other)?

Hello Motty,

I have the exact same issue with several Polycom Soundpoint IP 450's.
The phones are using the Broadsoft platform. Seeing your problem on an
Asterisk platform makes me think this is a Polycom issue.

We have two other types of phones: Polycom Soundpoint IP 331 and 650's.
These types do not have these problems at all.

I'm going to contact Polycom to see if they have any record of this issue.
Please contact me if you happen to stumble upon a solution!

Regards,

Maarten