[asterisk-users] Fax .pdf from Asterisk

James Sharp james at fivecats.org
Fri May 4 11:34:44 CDT 2012

On 5/4/12 1:57 AM, Bruce B wrote:
> James,
>
> That is amazing details. I can use all of this. Thank you for sharing.
>
> I am assuming you installed res_fax from repository?
> *yum install asterisk18-res_fax_digium.i386*

No.  I built Asterisk 10 from source.  Once I installed spandsp, the
menuconfig had the option of installing "app_fax".

> And how did you install SpanDSP? Is there a guide you used?

Downloaded and built from source from
http://soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/

It builds easy.

> I am aiming for multi-channels fax so the digium one won't do for me as
> it's one channel limit like you mentioned. I probably don't need T.38
> but hey it won't hurt to have it.

Well, the Digium one isn't always limited to 1 channel, just 1 channel
for the free version.  And honestly, if you can get T.38 support it will
make your life a lot easier.  Faxing over VOIP is hit & miss.  Doing
T.38 Fax over IP makes faxing a lot more reliable.