[asterisk-users] chan_dahdi with asterisk 1.4 and new Linux versions

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 11:24:56 CDT 2012

Hi All;

First of all, I am trying to install vicidial and actually vicidial requires asterisk 1.4 and can not work with asterisk 1.8, in addition there is a special version of asterisk 1.4 that is required for vicidial which is asterisk-1.4.39.1-vici.

The problem that it look like there is a problem with that asterisk 1.4 is not able to buld chan_dahdi if the linux version is new (like fedora core 16), while asterisk 1.8 can work fine with new linux versions.

What is happening with me that when I used fedora core 16, I compiled and installed dahdi 2.6 and then compiled and installed asterisk 1.4 and it did not create chan_dahdi. I tried to select it by running make menuselect and I discover that it is not possible !! By the way: this problem is not existed with old linux versions ..

How I can resolve this problem? How I can let asterisk 1.4 ables to build chan_dahdi with new fedora (or ubuntu) versions?

Again, I do not see this problem when I am using asterisk 1.8 with new linux versions.

Appreciate the kindly help.
Regards
Bilal