[asterisk-users] End-To-End Secured Communications

Fernando Berretta fernando.berretta at gmail.com
Thu May 3 07:17:29 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm analyzing how to make Asterisk communications secured End-To-End,
and not sure which is the best approach, SRTP + TLS seems to be secured
but.. at least by default, doesn't appear to be End-To-End allowing
Asterisk administrators to wiretap communications.. some sites I've hear
that with SRTP is also possible End Points exchange keys between them
directly avoiding Man in the Middle, is it possible with asterisk ? how

On the other hand I've found ZRTP seems to be secured end-to-end, but we
couldn't find any IP phones with support for it.. just SoftPhones

Could someone please point me to the right direction ?

Thanks,
Fernando