[asterisk-users] Mute DTMF

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 00:45:36 CDT 2012

Hey,
I not sure why your dtmfmode isn't working. The way I turned off the dtmf
within an IVR was:

1- fix the dtmfmode of any sip user to rfc2833, so he is able to send dtmf
to navigate within the IVR.
2- For places where I wanted to ignore any user DTMF key presses, I changed
the dtmfmode of channel in the dialplan.

That way I knew that the call will be negotiated on rfc2833 but changing
that during the call ignores any key presses and reverting back again makes
it functional again !!

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Sammy.