[asterisk-users] Types of bridging

Deepesh D deep.d2010 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:51:56 CDT 2012

Earlier I was using asterisk 1.4 and 1.6. In these version it used to
do native bridging and the CPU load was not very high. Now after
switching to asterisk 1.8 it has started to do remote bridging and the
CPU load has often started to peak.

Could this be a configuration issue. I have done the same SIP settings
that was earlier there in 1.4 and 1.6. I have 'directmedia=yes' and
'directrtpsetup=yes' in sip.conf and both the peers use the same
codecs and there are no nat issues as well

Please help