[asterisk-users] Asterisk and chat

Matteo Calorio matteo.calorio at linux.ors-tech.it
Wed Mar 28 04:49:01 CDT 2012

Hello,

I have a working Asterisk installation, but I would like to add chat between
users; I have also a working Ejabberd installation and with Asterisk's
jabber.conf file I can make my two systems communicate.

What I can't do is to link together the two accounts, the asterisk extension
and the ejabberd account for every user.

The final effect I would like is that a user, simply putting "myuser at pbx" and
"mypass" in his softphone (Jitsi in my case) would get both voice and text
messages enabled with (apparently) a single account.

It's a little difficult to explain for me, but I subscribed an account on
ippi.fr and so did some friends of mine: well, without doing anything else we
have both voice and chat.

Bye,
  Matteo