[asterisk-users] Official numbering plan - where to get?

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Thu Mar 22 17:50:26 CDT 2012

I hope this is not too off-topic. As a kind-of follow up to "rate sheet
normalization" I'm still trying to figure out a solution for: throw 10
ratesheets at a program and get the cheapest codes/providers as output.

For this purpose I believe I need a real, detailed, accurate list of all
the dialing codes, incl. mobile codes, city codes etc. worldwide as a
reference for that particular program. There are thousands of A-Z lists
on the web, and there are thousands of codes in them, but nothing is
accurate enough or from an official source.

So, I spoke with the ITU today and they, funny enough, too don't have
such a list. At least they don't have one that is computer parseable,
like a .csv or .xls or something like that. What they have is: a single
.doc or .pdf file for EACH country (1 file per country), which is not
standardized in its content, with lots of text and descriptions, but it
has all the codes. They don't even have such a list as a paid service.
Feels like 30 years ago. :)  Anyway, there is numberingplans.com which
provide exactly what I'm looking for, but they don't support one-time
purchases, only subscriptions from around 100 to 990 EUR per month,
which is above my budget (and I don't need a subscription).

Does anyone have an idea where to find such a list for free, or as a
one-time purchase? If not, I'll probably go through the effort to
compile my own list based on the ITU data. Let me know in case you want
a copy then. :)