[asterisk-users] fallback to default extension

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:36:41 CDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Paolo Supino <paolo.supino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I was asked by our development departement to setup asterisk in a
> manner that if someone calls an extension in the department that was
> was only configured, but a handset was never attached to it to fall
> back to a default extension. For example: Someone calls extension
> 2408, but there's no phone attached to 2408 it should fall back and
> ring at 2400..
>
> How do I setup asterisk to find out if there's a phone attached to an
> internal number if not ring another extension?
>
> TIA
> Paolo

Just add a dial(SIP/2400) at a later priority or any of the other many
ways.  Assuming 2400 is you operator then set the var and drop to the
operator. Verify your options to you dial syntax and any std-exten
setups.

Priority numbers
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Contexts%2C+Extensions%2C+and+Priorities

--