[asterisk-users] Transfer to fax

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Tue Mar 13 16:56:05 CDT 2012

On Tuesday 13 March 2012 3:45:18 pm Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> On 03/13/2012 04:18 PM, Mike Diehl wrote:

> > I've set faxdetect to 'yes' for the devices that I expect to be receiving
> > fax calls.
>
> 'faxdetect' is not a chan_sip configuration option (unlike chan_dahdi).
> It's a feature that can be enabled on a channel via the CHANNEL()
> dialplan function. In the dialplan itself, you'd use something like this:
> exten => 1234,5,Set(CHANNEL(faxdetect)=yes)

This function was implemented somewhere in the 10.x code base, I believe.  I'm
running 1.6.x.  So, it sounds like I need to plan an upgrade in order to get
this to work.

> To do this in a configuration file, so that it will be applied to
> channels as soon as they are created, use 'setvar':
>
> [peer1]
> setvar=CHANNEL(faxdetect)=yes
>
> I'm not sure how this would be done using Realtime configuration, but it
> should be possible. I'd encourage you to test it out using a
> non-Realtime peer first, just to make sure that it works the way you
> expect.

I've used setvar in my RT config and it works very well.

WRT the upgrade, I've gone in and made some code changes to the voicemail
module which I'll have to port over to version 10.x.  Sounds like I should
sign up to be a developer so I can pass those patches on...

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.