[asterisk-users] DAHDI_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: No such device or address (6)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Mar 13 10:26:43 CDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 03:30:45PM +0100, RaMaier at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have problems starting dahdi.
> dahdi_cfg -vvv allwasy comes back with:
>

> DAHDI Tools Version - 2.2.1.1
>
> DAHDI Version: 2.3.0.1
> Echo Canceller(s):
> Configuration
> ======================
>
> SPAN 1: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
>
> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: kb1) (Slaves: 01)
> Channel 02: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: kb1) (Slaves: 02)

kb1? Why not mg2 (or OSLEC or whatever)?

> Channel 03: Hardware assisted D-channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 03)
>
> 3 channels to configure.
>
> DAHDI_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: No such device or address (6)

What's the output of lsdahdi ?

> I searched the internet but could not yet find a solution.
> I already tried to exchange the zaphfc drivers as suggested, but they did not compile.
>
> I actually did not find a new(er) tutorial how to build an Asterisk with a HFC-S card.

https://gitorious.org/dahdi-extra/dahdi-linux-extra

Well, mainly useful for producing patches and such).

> Any suggestions / hints / tutorials / links welcome.
>
> Do I need some special drivers in the kernel ?
> Modprobe ?
> Anything else special I need ?

> Details:
>
> I run Debian 6.0.4 with a fresh 2.6.35 Kernel, most drivers compiled as modules.

http://updates.xorcom.com/pkg-voip/ has some Squeeze backports. Though
they're not kept up-to-date all the time. They include zaphfc.

> I installed the newest Asterisk 10.2.0-rc2 and dahdi_sources and compiled them, but same happened with aptitude install dahdi on older kernel.
> download Asterisk -> ./configure -> make -> make install -> make samples
> download dahdi.tar.bz2 -> make -> make install
>

> dahdi_hardware:
> driver should be 'zaphfc' but is actually 'hfcpci'
> pci:0000:00:0d.0     zaphfc+      1397:2bd0 HFC-S ISDN BRI card

You should probably blacklist hfcpci.

echo 'blacklist hfcpci' >>/etc/modprobe.d/WHATEVER.conf

(Replace WHATEVER with whatever name). Then run 'rmmod hfcpci' once to
remove that module at this time.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com