[asterisk-users] How can I get SIP/SDP values to a variable?

Rennes Neps Rennes.Neps at Elion.ee
Tue Mar 13 07:30:47 CDT 2012

Thanks for the quick reply, I was afraid of that. Oh well. :)

Rennes Neps
Elion Ettevõtted AS
rennes.neps at elion.ee

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kevin P. Fleming
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:31 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] How can I get SIP/SDP values to a variable?

On 03/13/2012 05:58 AM, Rennes Neps wrote:

> I wonder if there's a way to read SDP values into a variable in Asterisk? I have successfully used SIP_HEADER function to get all I want out of SIP part of the message, no problem. But I would like to be able to read SDP part as well, anyone?
> Reason I want to to this is: testing the SIP_ALG condition in incoming invite message. Majority of cases can be detected just by comparing src ip address and "via", but some devices only rewrite SDP "c" value for example and so on ...
> I haven't found any information anywhere how to achieve reading SDP with asterisk. I can use 1.8 and 10 versions.

There is no mechanism in Asterisk to do this. The most practical approach would probably be to put a stateless SIP proxy in front of Asterisk and write whatever logic you like there, causing it to add one or more headers to the SIP messages that can be accessed from the dialplan in Asterisk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming