[asterisk-users] Rate sheet "normalization"

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Mon Mar 12 17:52:17 CDT 2012

Hi,

this question is not Asterisk specific, but since there are so many
experts present on this list, maybe its OK to ask anyways.

I'm having a hard time "normalizing" rate sheets from different
providers. What I mean with this: the goal is to always get the cheapest
rate for a given destination. What I would like to do is throw like 10
rate sheets from different providers together and as output get a single
rate sheet with only the cheapest rates. However, some providers are
listing a country, lets say Germany, as code "49" with a specific rate,
and another provider will list each city individually, and each code
separately, e.g. Berlin "4930", Hamburg "4940" etc., and probably
different cities have different rates as well. Now, if the "49" route of
the first provider is cheaper, my system (a2billing) will still use the
more expensive "4930" code because it is more specific.

I'm looking for some awesome, smart tool that will automatically
"normalize" all these code differences and output a clean ratesheet with
only the cheapest rates.

Does such a thing exist? I wonder how everyone else is "normalizing"
their different rate sheets. With a homebrewn script?

Thanks!